"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Miles Fisher Covers The Talking Heads

I've never heard of Fisher before although I am a Talking Heads fan but the reason I'm posting this one is because of how precisely he recreates these scenes from the movie American Psycho (a personal favorite of mine), right down to Bale's various farcical facial expressions. Uncanny (although not nearly as gory):


(via)

[Update: It appears that Fisher is a native of my birthplace, Dallas, Texas. Glad to give a hometown boy a bump. Check him out as Tom Cruise in the admittedly otherwise weak Superhero Movie. Spot on.]

7 comments:

one L bill said...

It was a success! I downloaded his EP to my ipod, will listen to it again in the future and will tell friends. He really nailed the facial expressions and everything. You're absolutely right. Bravo to Dallas' own Miles Fisher.

one L bill said...

I kid you not. I have listened to this song at least 5 times now. It's a good car-tune. His original song titled "Don't Let Go" is also very good.

JBW said...

I've had this one in my head ever since I wrote the post last night. I'll check out Don't Let Go. Thanks, amigo.

one L bill said...

Ok, I don't remember the last time I was so excited about a new artist. The Polyphonic Spree, maybe? I really hope this guy does more music despite his professed passion for acting. He's got a great singing voice and sense of hook.

shannon said...

Wow, excited that you made you my man one L bill so happy. That Tom Cruise impersonation was amazing!

one L bill said...

What happened here? How come I am the only one still in love with this guy? We need to shout his name from the mountaintops!

JBW said...

I only provide the source material and the forum, one L. If you want to inspire any other readers here to hop onto your music bandwagon the ball is now squarely within your court.