"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Picture Of The Day

Have you ever rowed across a Van Gogh or Monet painting? Neither have I, but it appears you can do just that in China:

Fishermen rowed a boat in the algae-filled Chaohu Lake in Hefei, Anhui Province, China, Friday. The country has invested $7.4 billion toward the construction of 2,712 projects for the treatment of eight rivers and lakes. (Jianan Yu/Reuters)
I always knew that algae was a diverse and resilient life form but I've never seen a display as Impressionisticly artistic as this one.

2 comments:

Leslie Parsley said...

Nice pic. It does indeed look like a painting. And, unrelated, if you have no objections, I'm adding you to my blog list. You have a terrific blog. Found it via Liberal Values. This is so new to me that you would be correct in saying this old dame is dizzy as hell.

JBW said...

No objections at all PP, and thanks for the compliment. Hope you keep coming back, and good luck with your own site.