"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Friday, May 1, 2009

Miller Brings The Unfunny For O'Reilly

Per a statement I made a few days ago about right-wing attempts at comedy a reader Tim left the following response in the comment section:

But what about Dennis Miller?! He's funny!

Wait a sec...he WAS funny. When he was a Democrat.

The terrorists definitely won that battle.
To drive the point home about Miller's now apparent dearth of funny here he is in his current incarnation as Bill O'Reilly's go-to butt boy for slamming President Obama multi-syllabically with obscure references:

"That Norman Rockwell hoi polloi demo"? Has this guy been paying attention to American politics for the last couple of years? Obama is all Norman Rockwell! The smart and beautiful wife, the two perfectly cute little girls, the new fucking dog, for Christ's sake. Yeah, he acts like the cool kid but it's in more of a Fresh Prince meets Beaver Cleever kind of way. Now I obviously like the guy and I think that he's done a pretty good job as the Prez so far but to be honest, seeing families this straight-laced and wholesome makes me want to bathe myself in sin.

I wrote this in response to Tim's comment but I'm now adding it officially as part of this post: I know that it's very un-PC of me to say this but of all the deaths on 9/11, the loss of Dennis Miller's sense of humor affected me the most. RIP, rants.

3 comments:

Sam said...

Dennis Miller is a capital D - douche.

JBW said...

It wasn't always so Sam, but sadly I agree. Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

Dennis is just one more member of the right who is going to be full-blown psycho by the end of Obama's term. O'Reilly is just a shill, he doesn't take it seriously. Miller is a follower who sold his soul to Bush after 9/11.