"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Obama Waffles

I don't know about you but I've enjoyed waffles made from a mix packaged in a box adorned by a wide-eyed, smiling negro since I was a little kid; of course, at some point in the cultural and racial development of this country we realized how racist that depiction of black culture was and applied the necessary market forces to pressure it to change to a more suitable portrait of a black female. Apparently though, the creators of "Obama Waffles" include themselves in the same category as those who have never heard of black people being compared to monkeys, people who don't recognize the racial implications of a "Black House" and people who are unfamiliar with the historical use of the word "uppity" in relation to black folks. I still believe that a post-racial American society is within our reach but I'm starting to doubt more and more that it will happen within my lifetime. The Brooklyn Comedy Company also had a few things to say:

No comments: