"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Old Man McCain

I really do believe that John McCain's age is a legitimate issue in this election. I've read countless comments on other sites by septuagenarians who all say that the last decades of your life are filled with these kinds of "senior moments" and I see no reason to believe that McCain is not as susceptible to this phenomenon of aging as any other elderly American. I remember my grandparents at that age: they would routinely nod off several times a day and lose track of the topics of conversations on a regular basis, and they were pretty sharp people (OK, my grandpa was pretty sharp).

McCain's continuation of some of the worst policies of the Bush administration is reason enough to vote against him this year but when you combine that with the fact that he's on the downward slope of his mental and physical faculties, the choice for me becomes obvious:

No comments: