"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Internet Killed The Radio Star

My struggle to keep from buying an iPhone gets harder every day:

I remember when the promise of Internet radio was totally hot back in 2000. But as long as it was tied to the PC and Internet radios, it was doomed to a second tier existence.

With the new 3g iPhone all that is changing; and fast. Services like Pandora are emerging as the killer apps of the iPhone. It’s a free, mobile, digital radio station that only plays music you like and lets you skip the stuff you don’t. It's currently the fourth most popular free app on iTunes (behind Apple’s Remote, AIM, and WeatherBug), and has reportedly been seeing a new listener every 2 seconds.

5 comments:

Intrepid Californio said...

two more TV commercials and it's yours. Then I can envy your phone.

Anonymous said...

You do know that Pandora has been around for years and is free, right?

Anonymous said...

James, there is no need to spend 350 dollars on a cell phone! That is madness! Don't give in to the pressure of society. I am sure that the IPod 8G is going to come out in 3 months.

Matt said...

The iphone is electronic heroin. Don't do it man. there's no going back to a "regular" cell phone once you're suckling from Steve Jobs' tit.

JBW said...

I hear what you're all saying and I agree; I've tried to find a rational reason to get one of these things but I just can't justify it until my current "smart phone" breaks down. And it's one hardy little motherfucker.