"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Barackula

Leave it to Harvard:

Barackula is a short political horror rock musical about young Barack Obama having to stave off a secret society of vampires at Harvard when he was inducted into presidency at the Harvard Law Review in 1990. Obama (Justin Sherman) finds that he must convince the vampire society that opposing political philosophies can coexist or else the society may transform Obama to the dark side. Reminiscent to Michael Jackson's Thriller and a slight infusion of Jesus Christ Superstar, the film solely depicts Obama’s strengths, merits and genuineness while being quietly respectful towards the other presidential candidates.
I've performed in several musicals and seen dozens more but as a genre they've just never really appealed to me (not including the South Park movie, of course). Although, I am an Anne Rice Vampire Chronicles fan as well as an Obamaniac, which would suggest that I might dig this one if I saw it. But I think I'll just wait and see if someone turns it into a comic instead.

[Update: Welcome to all of my fellow Daily Dish readers! Please feel free to have a look around Brain Rage; and thanks, Andrew.]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw your link from The Dish. Awesome!

JBW said...

Thanks. This is kind of surreal for my little corner of the blogosphere. But really, how can you beat Obama and vampires?