"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Dude, You're Not Helping...

The picture above was taken at a pro-Tibet rally in San Francisco. I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with protesters: I frequently agree with their motivations and I really do appreciate that they're out there calling attention to just causes that need media exposure, while at the same time I imagine that they must be some of the most annoying, self-righteous jerks on the face of the planet. Plus many of them are stinky, self-styled hippies, which just compounds my frustration with the whole issue.

Now I am no fan of Communist China; I personally find their history of human rights abuses, especially where Tibet is concerned, abhorant and disgusting and I had serious reservations when I heard that they were granted the right to host the 2008 Olympic games. On the other hand, what good does it do the Free Tibet movement to have idiots like the guy who made this sign out there making everyone else look like ignorant fools?

I equate actions like this to all of those morons at anti-war rallies advertising for Mercedes-Benz instead of waving peace signs, which only gives right-wing hatemongers like the woman I just linked to more ammunition against them on these important issues. There are some people that you just don't want on your side because their actions will only hurt your cause; I have a feeling that Jimbo knows exactly how I feel:

No comments: