"WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG
AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Sunday, March 30, 2008

First European Homos Discovered

Pictured above is the skull of Homo Antecessor, or "pioneer man" reconstructed from fossils discovered in the Sima del Elefante cave in Atapuerca in north-western Spain. These fossils, along with other animal bones and stone tools found at the site, suggest that southern Europe began to be colonized from western Asia much sooner after the emergence of humans from Africa than was previously thought. The fossils are 1.1-1.2 million years old and are from a possible ancestor of both modern humans and Neanderthals. Here is the complete article from The Guardian UK.

8 comments:

Doug"e" said...

Is it just me or does dude on the right remind you of Uncle Fester from the "Addams Family". I can almost picture him putting a light bulb in his mouth to brighten up whatever squalid cave he was hunkered down in 1.2 million years ago. As for me , I am still waiting for the for the "First Iranian Homos to be discovered".

Anonymous said...

It's just you, Doug.

Clearly the guy was an ancient, bad-ass soccer player known for being a hitman on the pitch; leaving a long line of progeny in his wake.

[PROOF]
Skip to the 5:36 mark & be blown away.

JBW said...

I think his pallor lends itself to the Fester comparison more than anything else. And you know, I love Vinnie's movie characters so I hate to say this but even when it's him beating ass on the pitch, soccer is still pretty boring. He definitely has the Cro-Magnon look though.

Anonymous said...

If sports equaled mating, soccer would be making love. Football, baseball and basketball would be quickies.

Soccer is an art.

JBW said...

Baseball? A quicky? Watching soccer and baseball is like watching old people fuck: it goes on forever with very little action and many times nobody scores.

Anonymous said...

Trust me, I think baseball is the worst sport on television with the exceptions of nascar and golf. It's not MUCH better in person, though the ballpark atmosphere is enjoyable. But the element of a homerun with every pitch is what, in my opinion, gives it quickie status. Americans need the possibility of instant gratification. Watching an attack develop isn't enough. And for some reason, remarkable saves are not near as cool as the most average goals.

JBW said...

That's because Americans don't see remarkable saves as saves; they're seen merely as almost goals that do nothing to advance the score. I talk shit on soccer but I do understand the appeal of a sport that you yourself play. I just stopped playing at a young age so I have no real appreciation of the skills involved, thus my boredom with it.

neo said...

i think soccer is the best sport because the way the players make goals is cool. in baseball its just hitting a ball with a bat. thats all